If you've never owned a wooden wick candle before, here are some care tips and tricks to burn our candles safety.
Lighting and burning your Allenwood candle...
- Always ensure your wicks are trimmed to 1/8 inch above wax before lighting.
- Wooden wicks typically light slower than a cotton wicks, this is due to its material and size.
- ensure your candle is only lit in an area where it will be in sight at all times while burning.
- Keep a burning candle away from children and pets at all times.
- ensure that there is enough space around your candle and no objects or material can catch fire from its lit flame.
- For your first candles burn ensure you allow your candle to burn long enough to achieve a full burn pool. A burn pool is the melted wax pool surrounding the wick. Once its pool has melted to the edge of your vessel, you can extinguish. This will not only extend the life of your candle but will also achieve a even burn and limit wasted product. Our Coconut soy along with many other natural blends have a memory and follow the pattern of the pool before it was extinguished.
- Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time. If you wish to relight the candle after you’ve extinguished using the 4 hour limit, make sure your candle has cooled completely and the wick has been trimmed before relighting.
- Keep candles away from air vents, fans and wind.
- Always light your candle in a well ventilated area where air can be refreshed.
- Keep your wax pool clean, free of wick trimmings and dust to ensure a clean burn.
- Do not use water to extinguish candles
- Keep glass and other vulnerable candle vessels on safe platforms and not on top of any slippery surfaces to prevents drops and breaks.
- Always protect vulnerable surfaces from heat your candle vessel may produce.
**All fragranced candles naturally diffuse over time and in some environments quicker than others. The Fresher the better!!
Allenwood does NOT pre-stock inventory of candles. Each candle is made to order ensuring your candle is our premium quality!**
Did you know..
Wooden wicks have a distinct crackling sound when burning and more, when surveyed was rated to be more calming and appealing in creating an ambiance.
- 96% of consumers say that wooden wicks are more calming than the typical cotton wick
- 92% say that they create more ambiance.